• Call-in Numbers: 917-633-8191 / 201-880-5508

  • Now Playing

    Title

    Artist

    Royal Caribbean has canceled several U.S. sailings planned for its 2027 season.

    Upcoming trips aboard the Navigator of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas have been canceled as the ships are being redeployed to new destinations, the cruise line told People this week. The affected cruises were originally scheduled to depart from Los Angeles and visit ports in Mexico.

    The changes are due to Royal Caribbean’s expansion in the Asia-Pacific region for the 2027-28 season.

    “Royal Caribbean is committed to providing the best vacation experiences. This process includes making updates to itineraries, as necessary, to accommodate scheduling, port agreements, and other operational considerations,” the cruise line told People.

    Guests and travel partners who booked the affected voyages have been contacted directly about the changes and what options are now available for their travel plans, according to the outlet.

    Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas (pictured) will sail year-round in Asia through October 2027, while Ovation of the Seas will head to Brisbane, Australia, in late 2027. Those routes are a change from what had been planned

    Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas (pictured) will sail year-round in Asia through October 2027, while Ovation of the Seas will head to Brisbane, Australia, in late 2027. Those routes are a change from what had been planned (Getty/iStock)

    The Independent has contacted Royal Caribbean for comment.

    The cancellations come as Royal Caribbean prepares to send both ships to new markets.

    The Navigator of the Seas will operate in Asia year-round beginning in October 2026 and continuing through October 2027. The ship is scheduled to offer shorter two- to five-night cruises around Southeast Asia, with itineraries featuring destinations in countries including Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand.

    The ship will also offer a longer 12-night voyage from Tokyo to Singapore. Royal Caribbean opened bookings for these itineraries on Tuesday.

    Meanwhile, the Ovation of the Seas is being repositioned to Australia for the 2027-28 season. The ship is scheduled to sail from Brisbane beginning in November 2027, with itineraries ranging from shorter getaways to longer regional voyages.

    Ovation of the Seas will offer four-night trips to Airlie Beach, plus three- to eight-night cruises around Australia and nearby destinations

    Ovation of the Seas will offer four-night trips to Airlie Beach, plus three- to eight-night cruises around Australia and nearby destinations (Royal Caribbean)

    Among the planned trips are four-night sailings to Airlie Beach in Queensland's Whitsunday region, as well as three- to eight-night cruises visiting destinations around Australia and the surrounding region.

    The latest cancellations are not the first time Royal Caribbean has scrapped previously scheduled U.S. sailings as part of a fleet redeployment. In March, the cruise line canceled more than 20 cruises that had been scheduled to depart aboard the Freedom of the Seas in summer 2027. Those voyages were canceled after Royal Caribbean decided to redeploy the ship to Southampton, England, for the 2027 season.

    “Deployment planning is dynamic and regularly reviewed based on demand, capacity requirements, and broader fleet considerations,” a Royal Caribbean spokesperson told The Independent at the time. “As part of this process, we’ve made the decision to redeploy Freedom of the Seas to Southampton in 2027. Guests and travel partners are being contacted directly with details about their sailings and available options.”

    Affected guests of these shuttered sailings could reportedly switch to another Royal Caribbean trip, move to select ships, or receive a full refund, including prepaid add-ons, if no suitable alternative was available, according to the unofficial Royal Caribbean Blog and The Travel at the time.

    Read More


    Reader's opinions

    Leave a Reply